Deadline: 2024-03-22 14:58:13
Operate, inspect, maintain safety operation of cranes and responsible for moving heavy material around the
construction site. Undergo certification as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Generally responsible for the safe operation of the crane.
2. Totally familiar with the information contained in the operating manual.
3. Should be familiar with load charts to determine the crane capacity for every possible configuration.
4. Responsible in knowing how much material can be lifted safely base upon the weather conditions and
capacity of the crane.
5. Inspects and maintains crane against any defect or malfunctions as per manufacturer and ESD schedule.
6. Responsible for inspecting the condition of the work site prior to setting up the crane.
7. Reviews the planned operation and requirements with the site supervisor. Check the load and rigging
weights for possible location.
8. Responsible in moving construction material from floor to floor in high‐rise construction buildings,
communicate with the ground personnel when attaching material and visually inspect the surrounding
area for obstacles and ensure that the load is safe to move to its required location.
9. Selects the proper boom‐jib and crane configuration to suit the load and site conditions. Manipulates
the crane to hoist position and transport materials such as machinery, equipment and other
10. Notifies the supervisor for any unsafe conditions, repairs and maintenance of the crane.
11. Partly responsible in conducting orientation for new crane operator.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by immediate superior.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with, at all times, with all Company safety procedures.
2. Attends training courses / seminars, etc. as required by the company.
At least 5 to 8 years experience as Crane Operator.
With knowledge in simple mathematical calculations (i.e.
conversion of pounds to kilogram).
Interpretations of crane load range chart.
Knowledgeable in basic routine crane maintenance.
Middle East experience in Refinery / Petrochemical / Oil &
Gas / Power Plant Construction Projects is an advantage.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Can communicate and with good interpersonal
Ability to perform the essential job duties with or
without reasonable accommodation and without
posting a direct threat to safety or health of
employee or others.
2/2 | Page
Minimum of High School Graduate,
College Level or Vocational Education