Lays outs, fabricates, assembles and installs pipes and spools as specified by job orders, diagrams and
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Able to read and interpret isometric and piping drawings, plot plans and P & ID’s.
2. Fabricates from spool or isometric drawings pipe spool pieces and associated supports and fitments to
meet pre and final assembly, in a variety of material and alloys.
3. Selects, measures, cuts and installs underground and above ground piping systems, joints and
connections, including concrete pipe, carbon steel pipe, fiberglass and thermoplastic pipe, using hand
and power tools and aided by slings and aligning dogs.
4. Prepares pipe lengths and fittings for fit‐up and sets up all types of weld joints prior to completion by
5. Selects, inspects and uses rigging aids such as block and tackle, chain hoist, come‐along, jack and tagger.
Aligns piping against thrust blocks.
6. Completes final installation of piping system with required fabricated spools, pipe, fittings, valves,
gaskets, bolts, supports and hangers.
7. Prepare completed pipe system for hydrostatic testing in accordance with approved test packages.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with, at all times, with all Company safety procedures.
2. Attends training courses / seminars, etc. as required by the company.
At least 3 to 5 years experience as a fully qualified Pipe Fabricator
in construction or heavy industry.
Must have previous experience in shutdown / turnaround in
refineries or similar hydrocarbons processing facilities.
Middle East experience is an advantage.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
With excellent communication and
Minimum of Secondary/High School level