To supervise welding operations at GCC Project sites or static locations working under the direction of the
Supervisor Welding will direct, monitor and administer operations of assigned pipers and ensure quality of
1. Leads and controls skilled labor and work crews engaged in all activities concerned with the welding
works aspects of the project. Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to
ensure efficient and timely completion of the works. Able to demonstrate good organizational skills,
following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
2. Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures. Competent in reading and
understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering
documentation. Keeps records of all work completed and completion of “Action Lists”.
3. Commands respect of his workforce, and develops excellent working relationships with all other
department personnel as well as client management.
4. Must be a good communicator. Able to give instructions in an efficient and effective way to his
workforce. Liaises with other discipline foremen to ensure the optimum utilization of available work,
with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
5. Review new welders assigned to ensure they are adequately qualified. Ensure new welding operator are
suitably trained and instructed on the project work‐scope and quality requirements.
6. Ensure all necessary plant and welding equipment is maintained in a current operable and calibrated
condition. Ensure consumable control requirements are closely followed. Ensures that work crews are
properly supplied with tools, equipment and materials. Prevents wastage and misuse of equipment,
materials and tools. Supervises work crews to best utilize manpower and materials, exercises discipline
at the work site to prevent absenteeism, unsafe work practices and idleness.
7. Complete the initial assignment probation monitoring of welding operatives and arrange required initial
NDE through the QC section.
8. Ensure that weld marking requirements are followed. Ensure completed welds are of acceptable visual
quality, prior to rising WIR.
9. Complete surveys and provide information on welding operator’s performance. Complete the required
monitoring of qualification updates and provide QC with client approved verifications.
10. Ensure the monitoring, witness and inspection requirements of the Quality Control Inspection plan are
followed and the (WIR) Welding Inspection Requests and (RFI’s) Request for Inspection forms are raised
in a timely manner.
11. Ensure WPS for particular work‐scopes are displayed that the welding operators are aware of the
requirements and comply with same.
12. Familiar with all Company QA/QC and safety procedures / regulations and strictly enforces them with
the workforce under his responsibility.
2/2 | Page
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complies with the highest level of safety during all stages of project execution to avoid any type of
incidents and or accidents. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the
2. Identifies, formulates and implements “on‐the‐job” training programs for the workforce under his
Extensive familiarity with welding works with at
least 5 years of experience as Foreman or Lead
5 to 8 years experience in the Oil and Gas
industry, preferably within Petrochemical
Middle East experience is considered essential.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
A dynamic leader of his workforce.
Able to motivate others, with good communication and
A creative thinker and very good organizer.
Good command of English reading, writing and speaking.
Minimum High School Certificate plus certificate or
diploma or equivalent professional qualification.