Perform electrical engineering duties in planning, designing, deployment and overseeing construction and maintenance of broad range of electrical systems for facilities and equipments. Supervise and leads electrical crews in the installation, operation, including maintenance and repair activities ensuring all aspects of operation and associated processes are in compliance with project specifications and completed within planned time and budget constraints.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop projects from concept to completion; analyze survey reports, drawings, blueprints and other electrical data to plan projects.
2. Participate in evaluating electrical engineering staff, design team and in the computation of manpower loading and required materials to determine design specifications.
3. Directly participate in the installations and provide guidance to construction and the maintenance activities at project site.
4. Demonstrate excellent organizational skills as well as competence in the preparation of method statements and procedures, and with understanding of policies, work practices and its implementation, posses the capacity to resolve problems and to develop improvements whenever necessary.
5. Oversee electrical construction activities, monitor progress and supervises all involved crews in direct modification and installations, ensuring all works conforms to the engineering design, applicable codes and standard quality/specifications.
6. Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment and optimize available labor resources to determine project feasibility and conduct reviews of material quantities received and or used during specified periods, in order to minimize wastage and inefficiency.
7. Competency in reading and understanding electrical specifications, drawings, client’s design, manuals and other feasible data, cost, required maintenance design/application and all other related electrical components including engineering documentation.
8. Able to prepare or present reports, such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, and field investigation. Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and electrical or necessary repairs to project management. Conduct studies of environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact to the projects.
9. Understands the principles and importance of planning, monitors, tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual and takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance with the plan, based on knowledge in cooperation with planning engineer and project management.
10. Interprets specifications and discusses deviations from specified electrical procedures to ensure full compliance with QA/QC inspection plans and procedures. Familiar with the Quality Management System and the work is in conformity to the Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures standards and specifications before proceeding to the assigned work.
11. Liaise with other discipline staff to ensure the optimum interface of various operational activities to achieve the overall objective of the project. Assist in the preparation of one week and three week look-ahead plans for the 2/2 | P a g e electrical works of the project, in close coordination with construction, procurement, cost/planning and support disciplines.
12. Able to give instructions and transfer technical knowledge in efficient and effective way, analyze information, evaluate and chooses the best result acceptable to client and project management. Provide information to ensure that involved electrical supervisory staffs understands the implementation of work plan.
13. Commands respect of discipline workforce, develops excellent working relationships with all other department staffs as well as client’s management and be able to leads, motivate fellow engineers towards a common objective
0-2 years work experience as Auto Electrician for all types of equipment and vehicle both in workshop and sites.